With the power to handle SMB NAS environments and higher workloads1 for SOHO customers, WD Red ™ Plus is the ideal solution for archiving and sharing, as well as reconfiguring RAID on arrays for systems using ZFS and other file systems. These drives are designed for 8-bay NAS systems and have been tested for flexibility, versatility and confidence when storing your most precious work and personal files.
For small and medium businesses
Stream, share, organize and back up your digital content with a NAS system and WD Red ™ Plus drives, which are designed to effortlessly share content with your home or business devices. NASware ™ 3.0 technology increases disk compatibility with your existing network and devices. Large businesses with up to 24 bays choose WD Red ™ Pro drives for exceptional performance.
NASware 3.0. exclusive
Not just any disk will do. With an 8-bay NAS system, you can achieve up to 112TB of capacity. Plus, thanks to Western Digital’s exclusive NASware 3.0 technology, you can optimize every drive. Advanced NASware 3.0 technology, included in every WD Red ™ Plus hard drive, improves storage performance by increasing compatibility, integration, reliability, and scope for upgrade.
Built for optimal NAS system compatibility
WD Red ™ Plus drives with NASware ™ technology make choosing a drive very easy. Our unique algorithm optimized for NAS systems balances performance and reliability in NAS and RAID environments. Quite simply, WD Red ™ Plus is the most compatible drive with NAS enclosures out there. But you don’t need to trust us. WD Red ™ Plus drives have an extensive list of NAS technology commitment and compatibility tests from our partners.
WD Red ™ Pro for Large Business
If you are looking for the highest performance in a NAS system, WD Red ™ Pro drives provide exceptional performance for the most demanding midsize and large businesses. In 9- to 24-bay NAS environments, WD Red ™ Pro drives offer uncompromising performance and complete peace of mind backed by a 5-year limited warranty.
3D Active Balance Plus
Our improved two-plane balance control technology increases the overall performance and reliability of the drives. Hard drives that are not properly balanced can cause excessive vibration and noise in a multi-drive system, shortening the life of the hard drive and degrading performance over time.
Since your NAS system is always up and running, choosing a reliable disk is essential. Offering an MTBF of up to 1 million hours, WD Red ™ Plus is designed for 24/7 environments.
Desktop Drives vs. WD Red ™ Plus
Choose the drive specifically designed for NAS that is right for your system with a range of features to help protect your data and ensure optimal performance. Consider the following when choosing a hard drive for your NAS:
- Compatibility – Unlike desktop drives, these drives have been specifically tested for compatibility with NAS systems to ensure optimal performance.
- Reliability – Always-on NAS or RAID environments experience high temperatures. Desktop drives are typically not designed or tested for these conditions, while WD Red ™ Plus drives are.
- Error Recovery Controls – WD Red ™ Plus hard drives are specifically designed with RAID error recovery control, which helps reduce NAS system failures.
- Noise and Vibration Protection – Designed to work independently, desktop computer disks typically offer little or no protection against the noise and vibrations that affect multi-disk systems. WD Red ™ Plus drives are designed to excel in multi-bay NAS environments.
- Capacity 4 TB
- Cache size 128 MB
- Disk Speed (RPM) 5400rpm
- SATA connection
- Cache Size (MB) 128MB
- Transfer speed up to 175MB / s
- compatibility Designed with CMR technology for small to medium-sized businesses with RAID-optimized NAS systems with up to 8 bays. It’s perfect for handling larger workloads, including expanded support for OS and ZFS systems.
- Dimensions (length, width and height) 146.99mm x 101.6mm x 26.11mm