We present to you at pcpromaroc the Toshiba N300 3.5-inch internal hard drive, which offers unprecedented reliability for NAS and other high-performance storage systems. Optimized to meet the requirements of reliability, strength, performance and scalability of a high capacity storage system 24 hours a day, 7 days a week for personal, home office and small business use.
- Network connected storage (NAS)
- Servers and RAID for desktop
- Multimedia server storage
- Private cloud storage
- Storage and server for small businesses
DESIGNED FOR NAS
Through contact with NAS manufacturers, Toshiba recognizes the need for high-reliability disks to support the demands of modern data storage, including streaming, backup and archiving. The unit, which supports multi-RAID systems with up to 8 hard drives, allows you to reliably store large volumes of data and access them for several clients uninterruptedly (24 hours a day, every day of the year).
INTEGRATED RV SENSORS
Typical hard drives without RV sensors can affect the performance of a NAS system with multiple compartments when generating vibration. The N300 units guarantee high reliability by minimizing vibrations through their advanced sensor and controller technology. By means of several sensors, it detects even the smallest shock and the integrated RV sensors also compensate for rotational vibration, eliminating the possibility of vibration in systems with multi-compartment NAS configurations.
RELIABLE CONTINUOUS OPERATION
Often, multiple users' NAS systems or creative environments must be accessed by multiple users, from different locations and at the same time. Hence the current NAS units must offer high data transfer rates, as well as simultaneous loading and unloading. By offering high reliability and scalability, the N300 drives reach a maximum workload factor of 180 TB per year, up to three times more than the usual desktop hard drives.
GREAT DURABILITY AND HEATING PREVENTION
The use of high strength components is one of the reasons why the N300 series provides greater durability than other conventional hard disk drives. At the same time, automatic search speed adjustment to reduce heating during high-temperature operation further improves resistance in demanding situations.
- 12TB capacity
- 3.5 inch form factor
- SATA 6.0 Gbit / s interface
- Supported drive bays 1 to 8
- Rotating vibration sensors Yes
- Advanced Format (AF) Yes
- RoHS Compatibility Yes
- Halogen Free Yes
- Shock Sensor Yes
- Rotation speed 7,200 rpm
- Buffer Size 256 MB
- Data transfer rate 248 MB / s tip.
- Average latency 4.17 ms
- Native Command Queing (NCQ) Supported
- Workloads 180 TB / year
- MTTF 1 000 000 hours
- Index of non-recoverable errors 1 for every 10E14 bits read
- 24x7 operation Yes
- Output voltage 5 V DC (± 5%) / 12 V DC (± 10%)
- Consumption - Read / Write 9.92 W tip.
- Consumption - Inactive, low consumption 7.22 W tip. (10 TB)
- Temperature (in operation / not working) 0 to 65 ° C / -40 to 70 ° C
- Vibration (in operation)
0.75 G (5 to 300 Hz)
0.25 G (300 to 500 Hz) or less
- Vibration (not working) 3.0 G (5 to 500Hz)
- Impact (operation) 70 G / 2 ms duration
- Impact (not working) 250 G / 2 ms duration
- Acoustics (idle mode) 34 dB tip.
- Dimensions 147 (L) x 101.85 (W) x 26.1 (H) mm
- Weight 770 g max.