Supports Intel® Optane ™ memory. Intel® Optane ™ memory is a revolutionary new type of non-volatile memory that sits between system memory and storage to accelerate system performance and responsiveness. Combined with the Intel® Rapid Storage Technology controller, it seamlessly manages multiple tiers of storage while presenting a single virtual drive to the operating system, allowing frequently used data to reside on the storage tier faster. Intel® Optane ™ memory requires specific hardware and software configuration.
- Intel® Turbo Boost Technology version : Intel® Turbo Boost Technology dynamically increases processor frequency when needed by taking advantage of thermal and power upscaling for a boost in speed when you need it, and a boost in energy efficiency when not.
- Intel® Virtualization Technology (VT-x): Intel® Virtualization Technology (VT-x) enables a hardware platform to function as multiple "virtual" platforms. It offers better manageability by limiting downtime and maintaining productivity by isolating computing activities on separate partitions.
- Intel® Virtualization Technology for Directed I / O (VT-d): Intel® Virtualization Technology for Directed I / O (VT-d) continues from the existing support for virtualization IA-32 (VT-x) and the Itanium® processor (VT-i), adding new compatibility for virtualization of I / O devices. Intel VT-d can help end users to improve the security and reliability of systems and also improve the performance of I / O devices in a virtualized environment.
- Intel® VT-x with Extended Page Tables (EPT): Intel® VT-x with Extended Page Tables (EPT), also known as Second Level Address Translation (SLAT), provides acceleration for heavily used virtualized applications from memory. Extended Page Tables on Intel® Virtualization Technology platforms reduce additional memory and power costs and increase battery performance by optimizing page table management hardware.
- Intel® 64: Intel® 64 architecture provides 64-bit computing on server, workstation, PC, and laptop platforms when combined with compatible software. Intel 64 architecture improves performance by allowing systems to address more than 4 GB of physical and virtual memory.
- Instruction set: An instruction series refers to the basic set of commands and instructions that a microprocessor understands and can carry out. The value displayed represents which Intel instruction set this processor supports.
- Instruction set extensions : Instruction set extensions are additional instructions that can increase performance when performing the same operations on multiple data objects. These can include SSE (Streaming SIMD Extensions) and AVX (Advanced Vector Extensions).
- Idle states : Idle states (C states) are used to conserve power when the processor is idle. C0 is the operational state, which means that the CPU is working properly. C1 is the first idle state, C2 the second, etc., where more power saving actions are performed for C states with higher numerical values.
- Enhanced Intel SpeedStep® Technology: Enhanced Intel SpeedStep® Technology is an advanced means of enabling very high performance while meeting the power conservation need of notebook computers. Traditional Intel SpeedStep® Technology switches voltage and frequency in tandem between high and low levels in response to processor load. Enhanced Intel SpeedStep® Technology is built on that architecture using design strategies such as separation between voltage and frequency changes, and clock partitioning and recovery.
- Thermal Monitoring Technologies: Thermal monitoring technologies protect the processor package and system from thermal failure through various thermal management functions. An Array Digital Thermal Sensor (DTS) senses core temperature, and thermal management features reduce package power consumption and therefore temperature when required to maintain normal operating limits.
- Intel® Identity Protection Technology: Intel® Identity Protection Technology is an embedded security token technology that helps provide a simple, tamper-resistant method to protect access to your customer and business data from threats and fraud . Intel® Identity Protection Technology provides single-user PC hardware-based testing to websites, financial institutions, and network services, verifying that attempting to enter is not malware. Intel® Identity Protection Technology can be a key component in two-factor authentication solutions to protect your information on websites and business accounts.