We present the WD Black, a 2.5-inch hard drive with 320GB capacity. A real machine for your computer. Sophisticated and advanced performance features provide the speed you need for demanding applications such as photo and video editing or Internet games.
High performance, high capacity, high reliability and advanced technology to make the WD Black the ideal disc for those who demand only the best.
WD Black hard drives combine high-speed rotation speed at 7,200 RPM, 16 MB cache and 6 GB / s SATA connection to deliver the latest in computing power.
High performance electronic product
WD Black discs incorporate a dual processor and a larger and faster dynamic cache to achieve maximum read and write speeds.
Double processing power to maximize performance.
Robust mechanical architecture
Improved reliability helps protect the disk and stored data.
NoTouch Ramp Loading Technology
The recording head never touches the surface of the disc, which generates significantly less wear on the recording head and the stand, as well as better protection of the disc when transported.
Acronis True Image, available as a download on the WD Support website, allows you to copy all the data to a new disk so that it is not necessary to reinstall the operating system to have all the advantages of a new disk.
The WD dynamic cache algorithm improves real-time performance by optimizing cache allocation between readings and writes. For example, if there is an excessive percentage of read traffic as opposed to write traffic, the unit automatically allocates more data reading cache, which reduces congestion and improves overall disk performance.
- SATA connections at 6Gb / s
- Number of user sectors per disk 625,142,448
- 2.5 inch format
- Advanced format
- RoH compliant
- Data transfer rate (Connection speed) 6 Gb / s
- Cache (MB) 32
- Rotation speed (rpm) 7200
- Average unit preparation time (seconds) 3.8
- Reliability / data integrity
- 600,000 upload / download cycles
- Read errors not recoverable for bits read <1 in 1014
- Power management
- 5 V DC ± 10% (A, peak) 1.07
- Requirements for average energy consumption (W)
- Read / write 2.0
- Inactive 0.85
- Standby / hibernate 0.25
- Environmental specifications
- Operating Temperature from 0 to 60 Cº
- Non-Operating Temperature from -40 to 65
- Operating Impact (2ms) (Gs) 400
- Impact not working (2ms) (Gs) 1,000
- Inactive Acoustics 23 dBA
- Acoustic Search 25 dBA
- Physical dimensions
- Height x Length x Width 7 x 100.20 x 69.85mm
- Weight 920gr