Add a parallel port and 2 RS-232 serial ports to your standard or compact chassis computer through a PCI Express expansion slot
The PCI Express 2S1P Card (PEX2S5531P) allows you to convert a PCI Express slot into two RS232 serial ports (DB9) and a Parallel port. The adapter card features a unique native chip design that allows you to take advantage of the full potential of PCI Express (PCIe), as it provides greater speed and reliability and reduces the load applied to the CPU by 48% compared to conventional serial cards that use a Bridge chip design.
Compatible with a wide variety of operating systems, including Windows® 2000 / XP / 2003 / Vista ™ / Windows 7 / Server 2008 R2 (32 and 64-bit), Linux Kernel 2.6.11 and higher, as well as MAC OS 10.4, this PCI-Express Card with 2 Serial Ports and 1 Parallel Port also offers an optional low profile / medium height support that allows it to be installed on virtually any computer regardless of the cabinet form factor.
- Two high-speed RS232 serial ports with a data transfer rate of up to 460.8 Kbps
- A parallel port with transfer speeds of up to 1.5 Mbps
- Compatible with PCI Express revision 1.0a specifications
- 128-byte FIFO per transmitter and receiver
- Configurable in 5V, 12V, and RI modes (without power).
- Select the power output per pin 9 for the serial port
- Native PCI Express with a single chip and a single lane
- Automatic out-of-band flow control using CTS / RTS and DSR / DTR
- Automatic flow control within the band using programmable Xon / Xoff in both directions