The PCI Express Series Low Profile / Medium Height Series Card, PEX2S553LP allows you to convert a PCI Express slot into two RS232 serial connections (DB9).
It is based on a unique native chip design that allows you to take advantage of the full potential of PCI Express (PCIe), and reduce the load applied to the CPU by 48% compared to conventional serial port cards (bridge chip).
The RS232 Serial Port PCI Express Adapter Card is compatible with a wide variety of operating systems, including Windows® 2000 / XP / 2003 / Vista ™ / Windows 7 / Server 2008 R2 (32 and 64 bit), Linux Kernel 2.6.11 and above, and has a low profile / medium height support. It also includes an optional full profile support that allows two serial ports to be added to virtually any computer (regardless of the cabinet form factor).
- A high-speed RS232 serial port with data transfer rates of up to 460.8 Kbps
- Medium height / low profile mounting bracket; includes optional standard profile support
- Unique chip design to optimize speed and reliability
- Native PCI Express with a single chip and a single lane
- Select the power output per pin 9 for the serial port
- Compatible with PCI Express 1.1a specifications
- Automatic out-of-band flow control using CTS / RTS and DSR / DTR
- Automatic flow control within the band using programmable Xon / Xoff in both directions
- 128-byte FIFO per transmitter and receiver