Transfer video to your Mac or PC from a VCR, DVR, camcorder, or any other analog video device as a high quality H.264 file. Easy-to-use video capture Elgato software helps you through each step, from connecting an analog video device to video capture and choosing how you will watch and share.
There is no easier way to digitize home video to play on your computer, to sync with an iPad or iPhone, edit on iMovie or Windows Live Movie Maker, or to upload to YouTube.
Elgato Video Capture comes with Elgato video capture software for Mac and Windows.
- Scan video from a VCR, camcorder or other analog video source for your Mac, PC and iPad
- The easy-to-use software guides you through each step
- Video capture in the universal digital H.264 format - ready for iPad, iMovie, Windows Live Movie Maker, and YouTube
- World ready; handles NTSC, SECAM, PAL and PAL / 60 video
- Includes Elgato video capture software for Mac and PC
Put family memories on your computer
The era of VHS tapes is ending, and after three decades there is a lot of video content to transfer to modern playback devices. Moreover, any video stored on magnetic tape (such as VHS, Video8 and Hi8) has a limited lifespan and is progressively reduced. Elgato Video Capture provides an easy way to carry those precious memories in iTunes or in the Windows Media Player library.
Each step is simplified
Elgato Video Capture is very easy to use. The software wizard guides you step by step, from connecting an analog video device to video capture and choosing how you will watch and share. The software offers a simple tool to trim the beginning and end of the captured video. With just one click, you can add your video to iTunes or to your Windows Media Player library; You can play the video on your computer or sync it with your iPad or iPhone; You can upload the video directly to YouTube; and can be edited immediately in iMovie or Windows Live Movie Maker.
The video to your computer from a DVR, DVD Player, or Set-Top Box
You may have been given a DVD of a family event or meeting and want to share it by posting it on your website or on YouTube. Or that you have saved some great movies and TV shows on your DVR and want to play them on your iPad. Elgato Video Capture can connect and capture video to your Mac PC or from any device that has composite material "RCA" or S-Video outputs. It also comes with a SCART adapter.
- Mac: OS X 10.6.8 or later
- PC: Windows 7 or later, 2 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo (or similar), sound card
Elgato Video Capture automatically detects NTSC, SECAM, PAL and PAL / 60 video formats for worldwide compatibility.
- Video resolution: 640 × 480 (4: 3) or 640 × 360 (16: 9)
- Software Mac video format: H.264 at 1.4 MBit / sec or MPEG-4 at 2.4 MBit / se
- Software PC video format: H.264 to 1.4 MBit / se
- Audio: AAC, 48 kHz, 128 kBit / s
The generated files can be synchronized with iPads with video capability, iPods, iPhones and Apple TV and can be edited on iMovie or Windows Live Movie Maker without re-encoding.
In the box
- Elgato video capture hardware
- Composite-to-SCART adapter
- Stereo composite video / RCA cable